EBookME is application for creating and reading e-books on the mobile phones and other devices which supports JME (Java Micro Edition) with MIDP 1.0 profile. It consists of two parts:
- reader core (JME)
- standard Java (JSE) application which creates JME application packages. It puts together your texts and reader core.
EBookME is platform independent – All You Need Is … Java runtime in version 1.4 or newer
EBookME supports many input file types (thanks to aperture project):
- plain texts
- HTML documents
- OpenDocument formats (e.g. OpenOffice.org files)
- PDFs (imported by PDFBox)
- MS Office documens (imported by Apache POI)
- MS Works files, WordPerfect files
- XML documents
EBookME reader works corretly also on devices which doesn’t provide filesystem to application and a reader can’t be standalone application separated from data files. It uses adventages of Java and stores application and data in one archive file.
EBookME is localized for following languages (alphabetically ordered):
- Chinese (simplified)
- Tamil (experimental implementation)
EBookME is licensed under GNU LGPL.
EBookME was initially developed in 2003 by Tomas Darmovzal. After 2 years Josef Cacek take over this project and started to add new features and fix bugs. He registered it as sourceforge project and till now is admin of this project.